Many factors go into choosing an active retirement community. Some seniors pick a state based on its climate while others make this decision based on proximity to family and friends. If you’re currently considering assisted living options, location makes all the difference. Now is your chance to start fresh or branch out in a new community.
Varenita is located in sunny Simi Valley, CA. California continues to be a top place to retire based on happiness, desirability, retiree taxes, job market and access to quality medical care. If you or a loved one is planning for retirement, it’s important to consider all of your options.
Let’s explore the benefits of retiring in California and how the location of senior housing in Simi Valley makes all the difference.
Luxury Senior Living in California
From white sand beaches to the rolling mountains to the world-famous vineyards, California has it all. The cost of living is high but so is the quality of life. Here are some reasons why people choose to retire in the Golden State.
- Mild weather. Most of California stays in the 70s year round with no chance of snow. Retiring in California means you get to enjoy sunshine-filled days that keep your mood and activity level up.
- Social Security tax. Social Security retirement benefits are not taxed at the state level. Additionally, most military disability payments are tax exempt.
- Ocean vibes. With a 900-mile coastline, there is plenty of beach to explore in California. Plus, research shows that living near the ocean can reduce stress and increase physical activity, keeping you happy and healthy.
- Seasonal nutrition. Farmers markets are readily available in California, giving you access to the tastiest, freshest foods available. You’ll never be short of fresh fruits, vegetables and meats.
Yes, Where You Retire Makes a Difference!
When choosing memory care in Simi Valley, most people pay attention to the facility. This is important, of course, as this is where you will spend a lot of your time. But it’s also important to consider the community you’re in and its accessibility to shopping, restaurants, activities and loved ones.
Here are some of the factors that we encourage seniors and their families to look at when choosing active retirement communities in Conejo Valley.
- Most seniors prefer living in a state with abundant sunshine and year-round warmth. Cold, dreary days can take a toll on your mental health and make it difficult to get outdoors. For an active lifestyle, a warm, sunny state is ideal. California trumps Florida in this case because it’s less humid and hot.
- Accessibility to nearby amenities. When you’re independent, it’s helpful to have a wide range of amenities nearby. This way, you can meet friends for lunch, pick up your prescriptions from the drug store, shop for clothes and even do some light grocery shopping. Many of the apartments at Varenita have kitchenettes to keep drinks and snacks on hand.
- Proximity to family and friends. Another thing to think about is how close you’ll be to family and friends. If you’ve always been close to your social circle and want them to remain active in your life, you’ll need to choose senior housing in Ventura County that is accessible to them.
- Access to medical care. California is ranked in the top five states for medical care. This ranking is based on the high quality and accessible healthcare the state provides, which is good news for retirees.
Varenita of Simi Valley: Centrally Located to Everything That’s Important
Varenita has two locations in California – Simi Valley and Westlake. These locations were not chosen by accident. Today’s seniors prefer to be active and social, living full, enriched lives among people of all ages and generations. This is exactly what we strive to offer – and Simi Valley was the perfect location to achieve this vision!
Varenita of Simi Valley is located near the Simi Valley Public Library, the Regal Cinema, Adventist Health, the Simi Valley Senior Center and Veterans Plaza. But that’s not all. We’re also close to major stores like Kohls, CVS Pharmacy and Bed, Bath and Beyond as well as restaurants like TGI Fridays and Macaroni Grill.
Furthermore, Varenita of Simi Valley is close to Route 118 that runs through Ventura and Los Angeles counties. If you have friends and family that plan on visiting, this highway makes it easy for them to get to you. Not to mention, there are plenty of places to go if you choose to venture outside of Varenita.
Of course, if you want to stay, Varenita’s dining accommodations will serve you and your guests well. Grab a bite to eat at the Golden Oaks Bistro & Bar, relax in the Santa Susana Great Room or have a drink at Mariposa Bar. Our gorgeous landing overlooks an outdoor kitchen – your guests will feel like they’re visiting a resort!
Schedule a Tour of Varenita of Simi Valley
When choosing senior living for yourself or a loved one, it’s important to consider more than the physical building. You should also think about the location of the building and how accessible it is to friends, family, dining and shopping. An accessible location will allow you to do more and stay independent while keeping in touch with your social circle.
To schedule a tour of Varenita of Simi Valley, contact us today. We’re here to help!